Kali linux is a gnu/linux distribution released on March 13, 20132, based on debian. The distribution took over from backtrack. The goal of kali linux is to provide a distribution that brings together different tools necessary for security testing of an information system, including intrusion testing3.
Since the 2016 version. 2, kali linux is there for you pre-installed with many desktop environments4. We find: gnome, kde, lxde, mate, enlightenment and xfce, preferable when downloading the development was led by mati aharoni and devon kearns during the rewriting of backtrack, their previous linux distribution dedicated to inforensics, which was based on ubuntu.
The third lead developer then joined them as a debian5 specialist. Kali linux is based on debian testing. Most of the packages used come from debian6 repositories. Kali linux is developed in a secure development environment, where only inch of trusted buyers are allowed to contribute by altering packages, each package being additionally signed by its developer.
The kali kernel has also been adapted to make it less vulnerable to injection attacks. This was motivated by the need for the development team to perform wireless network audits7.
- Kali Linux 2021.3 Release (OpenSSL, Kali-Tools, Kali Live VM Support, Kali NetHunter Smartwatch)
- Kali Linux 2021.2 Release (Kaboxer, Kali-Tweaks, Bleeding-Edge & Privileged Ports)
- Kaboxer - Kali Applications Boxer
- Ampere Hardware & Kali Linux
- Kali Linux 2021.1 Release (Command-Not-Found)
- BC Security's Empire/Starkiller & Kali Linux
- Kali Linux + Mr. Robot ARG Society
- The last 12 Months (2019/2020) & Looking Forwards (2021)
- Announcing Kali Linux Newsletter + Keeping in Touch
- Kali Linux 2020.4 Release (ZSH, Bash, CME, MOTD, AWS, Docs, Win-KeX & Vagrant)
- Win-KeX Version 2.0
- Kali Linux 2020.3 Release (ZSH, Win-Kex, HiDPI & Bluetooth Arsenal)
- Kali Linux 2020.2 Release (KDE & PowerShell)
- Kali NetHunter Updates
- Kali Linux 2020.1a Release