Kali linux is a gnu/linux distribution released on March 13, 20132, based on debian. The distribution took over from backtrack. The goal of kali linux is to provide a distribution that brings together different tools necessary for security testing of an information system, including intrusion testing3.
Since the 2016 version. 2, kali linux is there for you pre-installed with many desktop environments4. We find: gnome, kde, lxde, mate, enlightenment and xfce, preferable when downloading the development was led by mati aharoni and devon kearns during the rewriting of backtrack, their previous linux distribution dedicated to inforensics, which was based on ubuntu.
The third lead developer then joined them as a debian5 specialist. Kali linux is based on debian testing. Most of the packages used come from debian6 repositories. Kali linux is developed in a secure development environment, where only inch of trusted buyers are allowed to contribute by altering packages, each package being additionally signed by its developer.
The kali kernel has also been adapted to make it less vulnerable to injection attacks. This was motivated by the need for the development team to perform wireless network audits7.
- Kali Linux 2023.3 Release (Internal Infrastructure & Kali Autopilot)
- Pip install and Python's externally managed
- Kali Linux 2023.2 Release (Hyper-V & PipeWire)
- Happy 10th anniversary & Kali's story ...so far
- Kali Linux 2023.1 Release (Kali Purple & Python Changes)
- Kali Linux (is) Everywhere!
- Kali Linux 2022.4 Release (Azure, Social & Kali NetHunter Pro)
- Remotely Accessing Secure Kali Pi
- Kali Community Themes
- Community Showcase: Raspberry Pi Zero W P4wnP1 A.L.O.A.
- Kali Linux 2022.3 Release (Discord & Test Lab)
- Secure Kali Pi (2022)
- Weekly Virtual Machines, with Build Scripts
- Kali Linux in Linode's Cloud
- Kali Linux 2022.2 Release (GNOME 42, KDE 5.24 & hollywood-activate)